What We Do
Honoring the sacred sentiment of Remembrance,
while serving, promoting and acting
The Poppy Campaign
From the last Friday in October to Remembrance Day, millions of Canadians wear a Poppy as a visual pledge to never forget those who sacrificed for our freedom. We invite everyone across the country to show their recognition by proudly wearing this symbol of Remembrance and taking a moment to reflect.
While the Poppy is distributed freely to all who wish to wear one, the Legion gratefully accepts donations to the BC/Yukon Command Poppy Fund.
If you are looking for poppies in your area, visit one of our national 2022 Poppy Campaign partners between October 28 and November 11, or contact your Legion Branch to find poppies near you.
Bank of Montreal (BMO)
Best Buy Canada
Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
Michaels – Poppy boxes on site
Royal Bank RBC
Shoppers Drug Mart
VIA Rail Canada
Canadians outside of the country can get a Poppy from their Canadian Embassy or Consulate.
How Local Organizations Support the Poppy Campaign
Local organizations can support the Poppy Campaign in several ways.
- partner with your local Royal Canadian Legion branch to allow volunteers to stand outside your location to fundraise.
- request a collection box to support the Poppy Campaign should contact your local Legion Branch.
- purchase a wreath to place at your local cenotaph after service on Remembrance Day, Nov. 11.
- create a volunteer program for your staff to encourage volunteering with poppy campaign
- educate your staff on remembrance, the history of the poppy and the work of the Royal Canadian Legion
Contact your local branch to become a poppy campaign volunteer.